Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday: Deftones

It is an empirical fact, that music that is sexy, danceable, and HEAVY, is hard to find. You can have two out of three pretty handily, but not all three. Unless, of course, you have the Deftones


"Change (In The House Of Flies)" is one of my *all* time favorite songs. Lately, I've been dancing to it paired with this gem, featuring Maynard from Tool & A Perfect Circle.


"Passenger" is just fucking hot... And, I believe I've read that it's actually about giving/recieving road head. Which can be sexy, assuming you don't do it so well that someone drives into a ditch. Just saying.

While this is my go-to stage set as of late, there are some other Deftones gems that also go well on stage, especially "You've Seen The Butcher" and pretty much every single track off of the "White Pony" album.

The awesome thing about Deftones, is that I can dance to something heavy, abrasive, powerful, that's still so overtly sensual that it doesn't seem to be too off-putting to customer demographics that normally turn their nose up at girls who dance to heavy metal & punk rock and look the part. I actually get a lot of complements from guys when I dance to Deftones, they like the music and appreciate the break from the constant dance & hip hop tracks.

What are you dancing to lately? Have something you think I should be dancing to? Hit me up at asktheshowgirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment