Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: Katy Perry Lashes by Eyelure

You'll notice that I don't have any pictures of me actually wearing these lashes...

See, I wear lashes constantly. I'd sooner leave the house with no makeup than with no false eyelashes. Because I wear them so often, durability is a factor. A pair of eyelashes that look amazing, but only look amazing once, are of little use to me. I also have very little use for subtle lashes. In fact, the vast majority of lashes I try, I end up doubling-up with at least a second pair of half-strip lashes.



So I had some hope for these Katy Perry "Oh, My!" lashes by Eyelure. The other varieties of Katy Perry lashes looked way too thin for me to ever spend $7.59 for one pair, but this box looked like they already did the work of doubling-up for me.

When I trimmed them to fit and put them on, they looked great! Very full, very feminine. I usually prefer lashes that flare out at the outer corners, but these really struck my fancy. I fully intended to use them again the next day and take pictures.

However.

They died on me after one use. One of the lashes was fine, but the other developed a gap in the middle of the band, and that was that. Given that I can double up two pairs of Japanese lashes at $1.50 a pair, and make them last for about two weeks of wear, I won't be buying these again.

If you only wear lashes once in a while and don't want to be bothered with doubling-up your lashes, these might be right up your alley. Do be aware though, the band is pretty stiff and not exactly easy for someone new to lashes to apply. Also, don't bother with the included glue. It's rubbish, as per usual. Always go with a trusty tube of DUO adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment