Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Music Monday: Adventure Club


I know a lot of dancers like to dance to the same specific songs when they go on stage. Others simply don't care what they go up to. Some girls prefer to go up to the latest hits from the top 40 nightclubs or the radio. Personally, I'm very picky about what I go up to. It has to suit my mood, my style, sometimes my audience as well though they need few considerations, really. Mainly, I'm just always looking for better, hotter songs, for a better, hotter stage show. I'm always growing my list of stage songs. And I get bored of my songs easily...

Since moving to Los Angeles, I've encountered the magical phenomenon which is the strip club dj who actually turns me on to new music, instead of perpetuating my ever growing nausea at the same overplayed hip hop songs.

Who knew?

So much love to my current weekend dj for introducing me to Adventure Club, specifically a few of their amazingly sexy, grimey, dubstep style remixes of unexpected songs.

For example, the Adventure Club remix of “Broken Lungs” by Thrice:


Another new favorite of mine, the Adventure Club remix of “Daisy” by Brand New:



Truly, one of the sexiest songs to dance to on stage... Sends shivers down my spine! You've got to hear it over big, bass-laden speakers. You can thank me later. Adventure Club is a duo hailing from Montreal, Canada. You can keep up with them via their Facbook page @ Facebook.com/AdventureClubDub

Got some songs you think I should be dancing to? Tell me about it! Feel free to comment, or email me at asktheshowgirl@gmail.com if you have original music you'd like to send me to check out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment